Custom photo lanterns set the tone for a spooky night. And with prints from the KODAK Picture Kiosk you don’t have to worry about rain or moisture damaging your lanterns if you use them outside.
Time to Complete:00:30
What you'll need:
- Multiple 8x10 photos — 2 for each lanterns
- Battery-operated votive light
- Plastic lids — 2 for each lantern
How to Make It
- Print your pictures on the KODAK Picture Kiosk or the My KODAK MOMENTS App.
- Lay the two pictures flat and tape together with a slight overlap.
- Form a cylinder with the photos and tape together with a slight overlap. The cylinder should be sized to fit just inside your plastic lids.
- Attach bottom lid.
- Insert light and attach top lid.
- Black & white photos are great for Halloween.
- Oatmeal lids are sized perfectly for 8×10 photos.
- A roll of paper towels makes a good form to wrap the photos around.
- The lanterns can be easily disassembled for storage until next Halloween.
- Consider using solar lights in the lantern to line your walkway. Just cut a hole in the bottom lid to insert the light stake.
- Try using holiday twinkle lights to hang the lanterns in a garland. Simply cut a small X in the top lid to insert the bulbs.